Quality of Provided Services
English: % of service providers whose services meet at least X out of X [specify numbers] pre-defined Quality Standards
French: % de prestataires de services dont les services répondent au moins à X sur X Normes de Qualité prédéfinies
Portuguese: % de prestadores de serviços cujos serviços cumprem pelo menos X dos X [especifique números] Padrões de qualidade predefinidos
Czech: % poskytovatelů služeb splňujících alespoň X z X předem stanovených Standardů kvality
What is its purpose?
The indicator is used for assessing pre-selected aspects of the supported services' quality.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define the main Quality Standards the supported service providers should meet, such as (in the case of veterinarians) "cool chain is ensured for all administered vaccines" or "syringes are disposed of into designated places."
2) Interview the service providers about (not) following the pre-selected standards (consider also using other techniques, such as observation, review of records, etc.).
3) Count the percentage of service providers who meet the minimum number of pre-defined standards (for example, at least 5 out of 8 standards).
1) Often, the reality is not black and white – while some Quality Standards are met to a full extent, others might be met only partially. In such a case, consider using a scoring system where 3 points are allocated for meeting the Standard completely, 2 for meeting it largely and 1 for meeting it only partially. Such a system will give you a more detailed picture of a service provider's progress towards meeting the desired Standards.
2) If you are less interested in the quality of the services and more in the overall performance of the service providers, just change the Quality Standards to "Performance Standards" and define broader, performance-related standards (including promotion and marketing practices, bookkeeping, etc.).
3) Always ensure that all data collectors have the same understanding of what exactly the given standards mean.