Provision of Embedded Services
English: number or % of sellers providing embedded [select: advisory / marketing / ... ] services
French: nombre ou % de vendeurs offrant des services intégrés de [spécifiez: conseil / marketing / … ]
Portuguese: número ou % de comerciantes que prestam serviços combinados de [selecione: assessoria / marketing / ...]
Czech: počet nebo % prodejců poskytující bezplatné [určete: poradenské / marketingové / ... ] služby jako nedílnou součást jejich prodeje
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the proportion of sellers/ businesses that provide their clients with complementary, free of charge services, such as advice on a product's use; promotional materials helping service providers to use certain products; or training on marketing new products to the customers.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Prepare a list of all embedded services that the sellers are expected to provide to their clients.
2) Set a benchmark for how many/ what type of services must be provided in order for a seller to be labeled as "providing embedded services" (e.g. 5 out of 8).
3) Interview the sellers on whether they provide the services. Crosscheck the information (with their clients, by requesting relevant materials, etc.).
4) Count the percentage/ number of sellers providing embedded services.
1) See the following example of embedded services: A seller owns a shop with veterinary inputs and medicines. When a client comes to purchase an animal drug, the seller always advises the client on the drug's correct use. The seller also cooperates with 15 Animal Health Workers (AHAs) who provide veterinary services to the local farmers. The seller provides AHAs with small loans that help them to pre-finance their services and to sell more products. Once in six months, he requests a representative of a large company with veterinary products to come and train all AHAs on an effective marketing and use of new veterinary products. The company also provides the shop sellers and all AHAs with free promotional materials. All such types of support are free of charge and effectively contribute to a single, shared objective – to increase AHAs, the seller’s and the company's income while effectively meeting their clients' needs.