English: % of children discharged as medical referrals and as non-response
French: % d'enfants déchargés comme référés à un centre médical et comme non-réponse
Czech: % dětí propuštěných kvůli přeložení do jiné zdravotní péče a kvůli pohřešování
What is its purpose?
Non-recovery rate is one of the four core performance indicators of the undernutrition treatment programs. It is a combination of two indicators: medical referral rate and non-response rate.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Count the number of a) children who have been referred outside the nutrition program for medical care and could not continue nutritional treatment (medical referrals) plus b) the number of children who have not reached discharge criteria after a pre-defined length of time despite all investigations and transfer options (non-response cases).
2) Divide the number by the total number of discharged children and multiply the result by 100.
3) The resulting number is the non-recovery rate (in percentages).
1) The indicator does not require a separate survey – all data can be gained from the treatment program’s regular records.
2) The four core performance indicators of an undernutrition treatment program (esp. the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, CMAM) are recovery rate, death rate, default rate and non-recovery rate.
3) Disaggregate the data by sex and age groups.