Child Friendly Spaces - Attendance
English: number of children regularly attending Child Friendly Spaces
French: nombre d'enfants fréquentant régulièrement des Espaces Dédiés aux Enfants
Portuguese: número de crianças que frequentam regularmente os Espaços Amigos da Criança
Czech: počet dětí pravidelně navštěvujících "Child Friendly Spaces"
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the number of children regularly using the supported Child Friendly Spaces (CFS). It should always be complemented with an outcome-level indicator assessing the benefits CFS provide.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
1) Define what counts as "regularly attending".
2) Review relevant records of supported Child Friendly Spaces.
3) Count the number of children regularly attending Child Friendly Spaces.
Disaggregate the data by gender, age groups and specific vulnerable groups, such as minorities or children with disability.
1) For dozens of other CFP-related indicators, see Annexes 31 and 32 in Save the Children's guidelines provided below.
Access Additional Guidance
- Save the Children (2008) Child Friendly Spaces in Emergencies (.pdf)
- CPWG (2012) Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (.pdf)
- Global Protection Cluster