Awareness of the Complaint Response Mechanism
English: % of affected population that is aware of the complaint and response mechanism and knows how to use it
French: % de la population touchée informée de l’existence du mécanisme de réception des plaintes et de réaction et sait comment s’en servir
Portuguese: % da população afectada que têm conhecimento do mecanismo de denúncia e resposta e sabem como utilizá-lo
Czech: % postižené populace s povědomím o systému podávání a řešení stížností a znalostí jeho použití
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the extent to which the affected population is aware of the complaint and response mechanism (CRM) and knows how to use it for providing their complaints on the quality of provided services.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of male and female members of the affected population:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: Do you know whether there is any system allowing you to submit an official complaint in the case you are not satisfied with [specify the provided aid/service]?
1) the respondent is aware of the official CRM
2) the respondent is not aware of the official CRM
(ask the following question only if the respondent is aware of the official CRM)
Q2: Can you please explain to me how exactly you can submit a complaint by using the complaint and response system?
1) the respondent knows how to use the official CRM
2) the respondent does not know how to use the official CRM
Calculate the indicator’s value by dividing the number of respondents who know how to use the official CRM by the total number of interviewed respondents. Multiply the result by 100.
Disaggregate the data by gender, wealth, age groups and specific vulnerabilities (e.g. belonging to a certain ethnic group).
1) For any CRM system, it is very difficult to ensure that every member of the target population is aware of the system and knows how to use it. Therefore, the target value of the indicator should be realistic, not exceeding some 60-70% of the target population.
2) Instruct the data collectors to keep probing if the respondent does not initially mention the CRM system. For example, they can ask: “Do you know whether there is any official number you can call or text your complaint to?”