Operation of the Complaint Response Mechanism
English: % of complaints received through the complaint and response mechanism responded to in line with the required procedures
French: % de plaintes reçues par le biais du mécanisme de réception des plaintes et de réaction qui sont traitées selon les procédures requises
Portuguese: % de queixas recebidas através do mecanismo de denúncia e resposta atendidas e em linha com os procedimentos requeridos
Czech: % stížnosti obdržených skrze systém pro podávání a řešení stížností, na které bylo odpovězeno v souladu s předepsanými postupy
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures how effectively the complaint and response mechanism (CRM) responds to the complaints made by the affected population that resides in the displacement sites.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
1) Use the CRM’s official guidance to list the main requirements for an adequate response to the complaints provided by the affected population (for example, when and how the response needs to be provided).
2) Out of all the complaints received, assess how many were responded to in line with the required procedures (by reviewing relevant documentation, conducting interviews, etc.).
3) Calculate the indicator’s value (in percentages) by dividing the number of responses provided in line with the required procedures by the total number of received complaints (include only those complaints relevant to CRM’s responsibilities). Multiply the result by 100.
1) Receiving a response may not result in beneficiary satisfaction, and this should be differentiated. Consider therefore complementing this indicator’s data with another indicator “% of CRM users who were satisfied with the response they received”.
2) Feedback on complaints may be made through responses on an individual basis, but may also be in the form of mass information campaigns or messaging through the community leadership if, for example, a large number of complaints are received for the same service delivery topic.