Access to Information
English: % of affected population in the target sites with access to information about CCCM and other humanitarian activities
French: % de la population touchée dans les sites cibles ayant accès a de l’information sur le mécanisme de réception des plaintes et de réaction et sur d’autres activités humanitaires
Czech: % postižené populace v cílových oblastech s přístupem k informacím o CCCM a dalších humanitárních aktivitách
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the proportion of the affected population in the target sites aware of a minimum number of information sources about Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) and other humanitarian activities.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
1) In the questionnaire, list all the official sources where the affected population can access information about CCCM and other humanitarian activities, such as information boards, radio, or block leaders.
2) Define the minimum number of information sources each affected person should be aware of (for example, at least two official sources of information).
3) Interview a representative sample of the affected population members (both women and men), asking:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTION (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: Can you please tell me where can you access official information about humanitarian activities and services provided in this area?
A1: indicate in the questionnaire all the sources of information mentioned by the respondent
Instruct the data collectors to keep probing, if the respondent does not list minimum number of information sources: Are there any other official sources of information you know?
4) Calculate the indicator’s value by dividing the number of people who knew the minimum number of information sources (e.g. at least 2 out of 5) by the total number of interviewed respondents. Multiply the result by 100.
1) Disaggregate the data by gender, age groups and specific vulnerabilities (e.g. belonging to a certain ethnic group).