Adequate VET Facilities
English: number or % of VET institutions with adequate facilities for practical training
French: nombre ou % d’établissements d’EFP disposant d’installations adéquates pour la formation pratique
Czech: počet nebo % poskytovatelů odborného vzdělávání, kteří mají vhodné vybavení pro praktické vzdělávání
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the number or proportion of VET providers with the facilities required for allowing their students to sufficiently practice and learn the taught skills – an essential component of any vocational education.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) For each VET program/ field of study you will need to have a pre-defined list of the required facilities, equipment and materials. In some countries, such “standards” are developed by a national skills certification authority as a part of the curriculum accreditation. In other contexts, such a list has been compiled by the trainers in the VET providing institutions or you may need to initiate creation of the list in cooperation with VET trainers.
2) Define the minimum number and types of facilities, equipment and materials that have to be available for the VET institution to be marked as having “adequate facilities for practical training”.
3) Once you have the list, review the availability of the pre-defined materials and equipment by interviewing technical staff of given VET institution. In some cases, you might need to physically check the equipment.
4) Calculate the indicator's value by dividing the number of VET institutions with the pre-defined minimum number (or types) of facilities, equipment and materials by the total number of assessed institutions and multiplying the result by 100.
1) This indicator only measures availability of the materials and infrastructure for practical training. However, adequate equipment and materials alone does not ensure the quality of the practical training. It is always useful to simultaneously monitor the use of the equipment, its maintenance and readiness of the teachers/ trainers to conduct the practical training.