Perceived Action Efficacy
English: % of [specify the target group] who believe that [specify the behaviour] reduces the risk of [specify the problem]
French: % de [spécifier le groupe cible] qui pensent que [spécifier le comportement] réduit le risque de [spécifier le problème]
Portuguese: % de [especifique o grupo-alvo] que acreditam que [especifique o comportamento] reduz o risco de [especifique o problema]
Czech: % [určete cílovou skupinu], kteří věří, že [určete propagovanou praktiku] snižuje riziko [určete daný problém]
What is its purpose?
People who believe that the given behaviour reduces the risk of them (or others, such as their children) being affected by a certain problem are more likely to adopt and follow the behaviour. The indicator therefore measures the proportion of the target group members who believe that the behaviour in question will reduce the risk of them being affected by the given problem.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of the target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTION (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: In your opinion, what are the most effective ways of preventing [specify the problem]?
Probe: Are there any other effective ways of preventing [specify the problem]?
1) [list the behaviour you promote]
2) the respondent did not mention the promoted behaviour
3) the respondent did not know
To calculate the indicator’s value, divide the number of respondents who mentioned the promoted behaviour by the total number of respondents and multiply the result by 100.
1) Keep in mind that the fact that someone believes than a given behaviour will reduce the risk of a problem does not automatically mean that s/he will adopt the behaviour.
2) The guidance for this indicator was amended from the information provided by MEASURE Evaluation’s indicator database.