Women in Management
English: % of management positions in the [specify the employers or sub-sector] held by women
French: % de postes de direction occupés par des femmes dans [spécifiez l'employeur ou le sous-secteur]
Portuguese: % de cargos de gestão no [especificar os empregadores ou subsector] ocupados por mulheres
Czech: % manažerských pozic v [určete zaměstnavatele nebo subsektor] obsazených ženami
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the extent to which the management positions of certain employers or in a certain sub-sector in a given geographical area are held by women. It can provide insights into women’s power in decision-making and in the economy.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define what types of jobs can be considered as “management positions”.
2) Use interviews with employers and reviews of secondary documentation (e.g. overview of employees and their positions) to identify:
- the total number of occupied management positions among the target employers / the target sub-sector in the given areas
- the number of these positions that are held by women
3) To calculate the indicator’s value, divide the number of management positions held by women by the total number of management positions among the target employers / the target sub-sector. Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
Disaggregate the data by the types of management positions and other relevant criteria.
1) This indicator is one of SDG indicators – see more information at this website.