Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define the main Quality Standards the supported service providers should meet, such as (in the case of veterinarians) "cool chain is ensured for all administered vaccines" or "syringes are disposed of in designated places".
2) Prepare structured checklists where the data collectors can quickly record the extent to which a service provider meets the selected Quality Standards (fully / largely / partially / not at all).
3) Collect the required data from all or from a representative sample of service providers using observations, review of records, interviews and other methods). For each standard, record whether it was met fully, largely, partially or not at all.
4) For each service provider, divide the total number of points gained by the possible maximum of points (for example, if you use 7 standards, the maximum is 7 x 3 points = 21 points). Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage. The result is the percentage of pre-defined Quality Standards that were met by the service provider.
5) To calculate the indicator’s value:
- count the number of service providers who gained at least the minimum percentage of the pre-defined Quality Standards (the % is defined in the wording of the indicator)
- divide it by the total number of surveyed service providers
- multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage