Operation of the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism
English: % of inputs received through the community feedback and response mechanism responded to in line with the required procedures
French: % des contributions reçues par le biais du mécanisme de retour d'information et de réponse de la communauté auxquelles il a été apporté une réponse conformément aux procédures requises
Portuguese: % das mensagens recebidas através do mecanismo comunitário de reclamação e resposta respondidas de acordo com os procedimentos exigidos
Czech: % podnětů přijatých prostřednictvím systému pro poskytování zpětné vazby, na které se zareagovalo v souladu s požadovaným postupem
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures how effectively the community feedback and response mechanism (CFRM) responds to the feedback made by the affected population.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
1) Use the CFRM’s official guidance to list the main requirements for an adequate response to the feedback provided by the affected population (for example, by when and how the response needs to be provided).
2) Out of all the inputs received, assess how many were responded to in line with the required procedures (by reviewing relevant documentation, the CFRM register, conducting interviews, etc.).
3) To calculate the indicator's value, divide the number of responses provided in line with the required procedures by the total number of received inputs (include only the feedback relevant to CFRM’s responsibilities). Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
1) The “main requirements” need to include that a response is provided in a timely manner and in a way that reaches the intended people. They must also consider the communication-related needs of illiterate people and people with disabilities.
2) Receiving a response may not result in beneficiary satisfaction, and this should be differentiated. Consider therefore complementing this indicator’s data with another indicator “% of CFRM users who were satisfied with the response they received”.
3) It is recommended that the target value of this indicator is at least 90%.
4) Response to complaints may be made through responses on an individual basis, but may also be in the form of mass information campaigns or messaging through the community leadership if, for example, a large number of complaints are received for the same service delivery topic.