Awareness of How to Participate in Activities
English: % of target group members aware of how they can participate in relevant project activities
French: % de membres du groupe cible conscients de la manière dont ils peuvent participer aux activités pertinentes du projet
Portuguese: % de membros do grupo-alvo que sabem como podem participar em actividades relevantes do projecto
Czech: % členů cílové skupiny, kteří vědí, jak se mohou zapojit do relevantních projektových aktivit
What is its purpose?
This indicator measures the extent to which the target group members know how they can participate in the project activities that are available to them, such as training or community groups.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define the project activities covered by this indicator.
2) Decide how many activities the respondent needs to know how to participate in to be considered “aware of how to participate in project activities”. For example, at least two-thirds of the offered activities.
3) For each activity, collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of the target group members:
Q1: Explain the activity which is (or will be) taking place and ask: “Do you know how you can join and participate in this activity? If so, how?”
1) the respondent knows how to participate in the activity
2) the respondent does not know how to participate in the activity
4) Count how many respondents knew how to join at least the minimum number of activities defined in point 2. To calculate the indicator’s value, divide this number by the total number of surveyed respondents.
Disaggregate the data by gender, age group, location, and other criteria relevant to the focus and context of your intervention.
1) If a respondent says that s/he knows how to join and participate in a given activity, the interviewer must always use the second question “How?” to verify whether it is really the case.