Staff Trained on Environmental Mainstreaming
English: % of staff trained on the principles and practices of environmental mainstreaming in the past [specify number] months
French: % des membres du personnel formé aux principes et pratiques de l'intégration des questions environnementales au cours des [préciser le nombre] derniers mois
Portuguese: % de membros do staff treinados sobre os princípios e práticas de integração das questões ambientais nos últimos meses [especificar número]
Czech: % zaměstnanců proškolených o zásadách a postupech environmentálního mainstreamingu v posledních [uveďte počet] měsících
What is its purpose?
This basic indicator shows the proportion of staff (of an organisation or a specific project only) who were trained on the principles and practices of environmental mainstreaming. It should always be complemented by an indicator assessing their actual understanding of environmental mainstreaming. It can be used both in the context of environmental mainstreaming in operations as well as project activities.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define who can be considered as ‘staff’ for the purpose of this indicator. This should be all the people who are expected to mainstream environmental protection. In the case of specific projects, it should also include the staff of partner organisations, relevant volunteers, consultants, and contractors.
2) To determine the indicator’s value:
- count the total number of staff, using the criteria defined in point 1
- count the number of staff who completed the training on environmental mainstreaming
- divide the number of staff trained by the total number of relevant staff
- multiple the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage
Disaggregate the data by gender and position.
1) It is essential to recognise the limitations of this indicator. While this shows the extent to which an organisation ensures that relevant staff are trained, it does not show whether they understand what they should do to mainstream environmental protection and how they should do it. To gain such data, use the indicator Staff Understanding of Environmental Mainstreaming.