Disaster Preparedness - Planning
English: number of communities with a disaster preparedness plan including action points based on the Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment's findings
French: # de collectivités ayant un plan de préparation aux catastrophes comprenant des points d'action fondés sur les conclusions de l'Evaluation de la Vulnérabilité et de la Capacité
Portuguese: número de comunidades com um plano de preparação para desastres, incluindo pontos de acção com base nos resultados da Avaliação de Vulnerabilidade e Capacidade
Czech: počet komunit disponujících plánem připravenosti na katastrofy, jenž zahrnuje akční body vychazející z provedeného hodnocení jejich zranitelností a kapacit
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the number of communities whose members agreed upon and developed a disaster preparedness plan based on the Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment's findings.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Use key informant interviews and secondary data review to assess the number of communities with a completed disaster preparedness plan.
2) Review the disaster preparedness plans and determine whether they were developed based on the Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment's findings.
3) In each community, conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions to assess whether the plan was developed in a participatory manner, based on an agreement among the different community members (i.e. no "top-down approach").
4) Calculate the indicator's value by counting the number of communities with a disaster preparedness plan (including action points) which has been based on the Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment's findings.
1) Consider assessing also whether the plan takes into consideration vulnerabilities of specific population groups (such as young children, the elderly, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, etc.).