Disaster Preparedness Plan - Implementation
English: number of communities which completed at least [specify the percentage] of their disaster preparedness plan's action points
French: nombre de communautés qui ont accompli au moins [précisez le %] des points d’actions de leurs plans de préparation aux catastrophe
Czech: počet komunit, které splnily alespoň [určete procento] akčních bodů svého plánu připravenosti na katastrofy
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the number of the target communities who completed a minimum percentage of the action points set in their disaster preparedness plans.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Count the number of the action points that were agreed upon and documented in the disaster preparedness plan (as a result of the Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment). Include only those whose completion date was before the time of your survey.
2) Use interviews with relevant key informants, focus group discussions with the local community members, and review of documents to assess the number of action points that were completed.
3) Divide the number of completed action points by the number of action points assigned for the given time period. Multiply it by 100. The result is the percentage of completed action points.
4) Calculate the indicator's value by counting the number of communities who completed at least the minimum percentage of their disaster preparedness plan's action points.
1) Ensure that the action points include primarily those actions that (can) make a difference in the target communities (for example, avoid including action points such "send meeting minutes to the XY authorities").