Adoption of Business Environment Changes
English: number of proposals for improving the existing business environment that were officially put into practice by the relevant authorities
French: nombre de propositions pour améliorer l’environnement commercial actuel qui ont été officiellement mises en œuvre par les autorités compétentes
Portuguese: número de propostas para melhorar o ambiente empresarial existente que foram oficialmente postas em prática pelas autoridades competentes
Czech: počet návrhů na zlepšení stávajícího podnikatelského prostředí, které byly zrealizovány relevantními autoritami
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the number of proposals for improving the business environment that were proposed as part of a project, which the relevant authorities officially accepted, and subsequently put into practice. This can include, for example, making the business registration process faster / less expensive, improving infrastructure (e.g. roads), improving women’s access to finance, or adjusting taxation (e.g. lower VAT on green products).
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define the criteria specifying what counts as “put into practice”. These should include primarily:
- specific actions taken by the authorities demonstrating that the measures recommended in the proposal are used
- any official documents / policies confirming that the proposal was officially adopted and is used in practice
- additional criteria might include: allocation of financial / human resources for implementing the proposal; inclusion of the proposal in the authorities’ work plans; etc.
2) Use key informant interviews (with the relevant authorities, project staff, etc.) and reviews of relevant documentation to assess whether the criteria were met.
3) Count the number of proposals where the criteria defined in the first point were met.