Awareness of Community Feedback and Response Mechanism
English: % of [specify the target group] who know how to use the community feedback and response mechanism
French: % de [spécifiez le groupe cible] qui savent comment utiliser le mécanisme de retour d'information et de réponse de la communauté
Portuguese: % de [especificar o grupo-alvo] que sabem como utilizar mecanismo comunitário de reclamação e resposta
Czech: % [upřesněte cílovou skupinu], kteří vědí jak používat systém pro poskytování zpětné vazby
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the extent to which the target group members (and/or any other stakeholders) are aware of the community feedback and response mechanism (CFRM) of a given organization and know how to use it for providing their feedback on the organization's activities.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of the target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: Do you know if there is a way how you can provide [organization’s name] with complaints or suggestions on their work? This can be something related to the quality and quantity of assistance provided, the behaviour of [organization’s name] staff, the process of selecting people who receive assistance, requests or ideas for future activities, or anything else related to the work of [organization’s name] in your community.
1) the respondent is aware of the official CFRM and knows how to use it
2) the respondent is aware of the official CFRM but doesn't know how to use it correctly
3) the respondent is not aware of the official CFRM
To calculate the indicator’s value, divide the number of respondents who know how to use the organization's CFRM by the total number of interviewed respondents. Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
Disaggregate the data by gender, age groups, persons with a disability and specific vulnerabilities (e.g. belonging to a certain ethnic group).
1) For any CFRM system, it is very difficult to ensure that every member of the target population is aware of the system and knows how to use it. Furthermore, if there are several agencies operating in the area, people might find it difficult to differentiate between the CFRM systems they are using. Therefore, the target value of the indicator should be realistic, not exceeding 60-70% of the target population.
2) Instruct the data collectors to keep probing if the respondent does not initially mention the CFRM system. For example, they can ask: “Do you know whether there is any official number you can call or text your feedback to?”