Water Source Functionality
English: number or % of water sources operational (at the time of the survey)
French: nombre ou % de sources d'eau opérationnelles (au moment de l'enquête)
Portuguese: número ou % de fontes de água operacionais (no momento do inquérito)
Czech: počet nebo % plně funkčních vodních zdrojů (v době průzkumu)
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the proportion of water sources that are fully operational and provide their users with the usual amount of water.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the required data by observations, testing and interviews with the water sources' operators:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1 for data collector: Is the water source fully operational? (functional means that at a given moment in time, the water source provides its usual amount of water, without any significant difficulties)
A1: yes / no
(the following question is not mandatory; ask relevant water source operator (or local users) only if the answer to the previous question is NO)
Q2: Why is the water source not operational?
1) lifting apparatus does not work
2) a part of the pump or tap is damaged or stolen
3) power source (generator, electricity grid) stopped working
4) water management committee does not work properly (specify: .....)
5) the pipeline is broken
6) the source dried up for good
7) the source dried up seasonally
8) does not know
9) other - specify: ................................................
Calculate the indicator's value by dividing the number of operational water sources by the total number of assessed water sources and multiplying the result by 100.