Awareness of How to Access Promoted Energy Technologies
English: % of respondents who know how to access the promoted [specify the climate-smart technology]
French: % de répondants qui savent comment accéder à la [spécifiez la technologie climato-compatible] promue
Portuguese: % de inquiridos que sabe como aceder à [especifique a tecnologia inteligente em termos climáticos] promovida
Czech: % respondentů se znalostí jak získat propagovanou [určete adaptační / mitigační energetickou technologii]
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures respondents' awareness of where they can purchase the promoted energy technology, such as solar lamps, domestic biodigesters, improved cooking stoves, or building insulations. The data can help you design the content of any marketing activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of your target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1 and Q2: If you have not done so yet, ask the questions that are used to assess people’s awareness of a technology – see at this link (use Q1 and Q2 only).
(ask the following questions only if the respondent is aware of the promoted technology)
Q3: Do you know of any place where you can buy [specify the technology]?
A3: yes / no
(ask the following question only if the previous answer is YES)
Q4: Can you please tell me how to contact / find the seller?
1) yes, the person knows how to contact / find the seller
2) no, the person does not know how to contact / find the seller
To calculate the indicator’s value:
- count the number of respondents who knew how to contact or find the seller
- divide this by the total number of respondents (including those who did not know the promoted technology)
- multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage
1) If you need to assess awareness of how to access several different technologies, decide how many technologies a respondent needs to know how to access in order to be considered ‘aware of how to access the promoted technologies’. When preparing the survey, use Q1 – Q4 for each of the assessed technologies. During the analysis stage, count the percentage of respondents who were aware of how to access the minimum number of technologies.
2) The “place” where people can buy a given technology does not only need to be a physical place – it can also be an e-shop or a social media site. Similarly, the seller can also be a ‘mobile seller’ – there is no need for a physical shop.
3) The enumerators need to be trained in how to conclude correctly whether the respondent is or is not able to find / contact a seller. If possible, they should have a list of all the shops / sellers where the specific technology can be purchased. In case the respondent mentions a place which is not listed, it is important to verify the actual availability of the technology there and eventually add the shop / seller to the list.
4) If there is a dedicated financial mechanism to access the given technology (e.g. a possibility to pay for it in instalments), it is recommended that you also assess the respondents’ awareness of the mechanism.